Need help? Our experts are ready to find the solution you need.
Shipping an ATV, UTV, or Motorcycle to Alaska
Shipping your All-terrain Vehicle (ATV), Utility Task Vehicle (UTV), or motorcycle to and from Alaska is simple with Alaska Marine Lines. Our barge service is a reliable and economical option, and our knowledgeable and friendly team will answer any questions and make sure your item is transported safely.
We offer regular service between Seattle and Southeast Alaska, as well as seasonal service to Western Alaska and locations in the Arctic region.
What you need to know:
- We provide transportation of your ATV, UTV or motorcycle between our Service Centers in Seattle, Southeast and Western Alaska, and the Arctic region only. View a list of our locations.
- We recommend motorcycles be crated prior to shipping. If you do not wish to crate your motorcycle, then we require customers to secure their motorcycle to a pallet with 4 tie-down straps. Customers are responsible for providing their own tie-down straps, securing their motorcycle to the pallet and signing paperwork to release Alaska Marine Lines from liability or possible damage.
- ATVs and UTVs must be secured to a pallet with a minimum of two tie-down straps. The shipper is responsible for providing their own tie-down straps and tying down the equipment.
- ATVs, UTVs, and motorcycles shipping on a pallet will be transported at the shipper’s risk.
- Customers shipping to Central Alaska – we recommend shipping your ATV, UTV, or motorcycle with Lynden Transport to Central Alaska.
- Exceptions may apply and will be provided at time of booking.
Follow these instructions for shipping your ATV, UTV or motorcycle
- The ATV, UTV or motorcycle needs to be delivered to us with less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
- We recommend crating your motorcycle prior to shipping. If you do not wish to crate your motorcycle, then we require customers to secure their motorcycle to a pallet with 4 tie-down straps. The shipper is responsible for providing their own tie-down straps and tying down the motorcycle.
- ATVs and UTVs must be secured to a pallet with a minimum of two tie-down straps. The shipper is responsible for providing their own tie-down straps and tying down the ATV or UTV.
- An exemption from Washington sales tax may be available for residents of Alaska and Hawaii. Learn more
- Your shipment must be booked in advance, with the exception of shipments to Southeast Alaska. To request a booking number, please submit our form or contact us.
- Please provide your booking number when dropping your ATV, UTV, or motorcycle to our Service Center. For hours of operation and other information, view a list of our locations.
- View our sailing schedules to get sailing dates, transit time and cargo cutoff times.
- Track your shipment with the AML tracking number, or booking number, in our tracking center.
- Receive automatic email notifications with Shipment Updates when your shipment departs origin, arrives at destination, and the date it will be available for pickup.
- Note: after the barge arrives at its destination, please allow time for unloading before your shipment is available for pickup. Our team will contact you by phone or email to let you know when your shipment can be picked up.
We have the equipment experience solutions for your freight needs!
Get a Quote
Submit a request to receive a personalized quote from one of our freight professionals.
Book a Shipment
Complete our form to book your shipment. Include your quote number if you have one.